Are you looking for a unique opportunity? Do you want to be a part of a team turning a legacy industry on its head? Keep reading.
Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) is the process by which businesses in the supply chain and other sectors exchange information such as purchase orders, invoices, and shipment notices. By leveraging modern technology, Orderful dramatically improves the EDI integration process. Enterprises connect once to our API and trade EDI transactions with their supply chain partners, leveraging Orderful’s growing network of thousands of companies.
We are moving fast and smart, and we need a Senior Software Engineer DevOps – who still has a love and aptitude for coding – to grow with us. We deploy every day, while our customers trade mission-critical data across our platform, and we need to move even quicker. If you want to join our team of like-minded individuals making an impact, we want to hear from you.
Why work with Orderful?
- Substantial Vacation
- Competitive Compensation
- Generous Lifestyle Budget
- Health Benefits
- Choice of Equipment
- Progressive Work Environment
- Remote Work
- Stock Options
As a Senior Software Engineer (DevOps), among other things, you’ll be responsible for:
- Hear challenges from within the engineering team about developer experience and technical challenges (like scalability), in order to help implement solutions.
- Automate infrastructure and development tasks to allow us to ship code in a reliable and testable way.
- Maintain and monitor our cloud-based infrastructure.
- Streamline and improve existing infrastructure to be elegant and performant.
- Create application infrastructure like caching, queuing, etc., which we can build our platform on.
- Provide guidance and help to teams who need to use or change our infrastructure for product needs.
- Support with design and implementation of major back-end initiatives.
- Assist with application development in NodeJS as needed.
- Database administration and optimization (we use PostgreSQL).
- Assist with compliance efforts like SOC 2.
- Conduct performance testing.
- IaaS – Terraform, Cloudformation, etc.
- System Monitoring Best Practices
- API & microservice development
- Software quality practices: testing, CI/CD, documentation
- Distributed system infrastructure: clustered caching, sharding, NoSQL, queuing, event driven architecture
- Performance testing experience
Nice to Have
- BSc or above in Computer Science or related discipline
- Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) experience
- SOC 2 Audit Experience
- Database administration and optimization experience. We use PostgreSQL, but any SQL/Relational Database language would be adequate.
- Experience with Typescript, Redis, AMQP, and gRPC
- Familiarity with NestJS